Study Featuring IDS Calprotectin Published in Diagnostics Journal
A study comparing IDS Calprotectin and DiaSorin Calprotection was recently published in the Diagnostics journal.
The study had two objectives
Validation of IDS Calprotectin and IDS Calprotectin Extraction Device:
- Method validation for repeatability and sample stability.
- Assessment of extraction time and convenience.
Comparison of IDS Calprotectin to DiaSorin Calprotectin:
- Extraction of 379 samples with IDS Calprotectin Extraction Device and manual weighing method.
- Analysis with IDS Calprotectin and LIAISON Calprotectin.
The study came to the following conclusions:
- IDS Calprotectin demonstrated good analytical performances.
- IDS Calprotectin gave similar results to the DiaSorin Calprotectin.
- IDS outperformed DiaSorin in the identification of more IBD and IBS patients, rather than equivocal classification.
- IDS Calprotectin extraction device is user-friendly and less time-consuming than DiaSorin.
You can read the full study on PubMed.