System Support Specialist (SSS)
The System Support Specialist (SSS) role is an exciting and dynamic role, offering a unique view of the IDS business and customers. As the subject matter expert (SME) the SSS leads closure of escalations, and analysis of product health and service performance metrics, gaining valuable insight that he or she will use to propose and drive continuous improvement, sustaining, and new product development projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As the technical subject matter expert (SME) for assigned product(s), the SSS is the liaison between service and other functions leading the effort to determine root cause(s) for product performance issues and provides timely feedback for product improvements.
- Leads resolution of globally escalated issues.
- Tracks service related product health and service performance metrics and makes appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Leads CI and sustaining projects with a primary focus on regional readiness and successful completion of field upgrades and software rollouts.
- Leads low complexity and supports higher complexity new product development (NPD) projects, representing the voice of service and ensures design for serviceability, regional field service readiness and product life cycle management to meet all functional and business objectives.
- Domestic/international travel up to 15% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Industrial or Systems Engineering or related education or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Service Engineering, Technical Field Service, Technical Support, Manufacturing, R&D or other relevant experience.
- Education or experience in biology, chemistry or demonstrated ability to understand system application.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- New product development.
- Project Management.
|Job Role||System Support Specialist (SSS)|