IT/ERP – UK
IDS is a leading in-vitro diagnostic solution provider to the clinical laboratory market. We develop, manufacture and market innovative immunoassays and automated immunoanalyser technologies to provide improved diagnostic outcomes for patients.
IDS Boldon is the global IDS Headquarters occupying a single, multi-disciplined site.
The site focuses on the manufacture and distribution of manual Immunoassay products. On site Purchasing, Logistics, Production, Quality Control and Process Development departments manage the supply chain, supported by local Sales Support, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs and Finance departments. As Group Headquarters, IDS Boldon also houses all head office functions.
Primarily this is a hands-on role which will ensure the streamlined operation of the Group IT department and IT services, in alignment with the business objectives. The role is responsible to ensure the seamless functionality of the of the IT infrastructure and applications architecture including ERP.
Additionally, the role will help define and deliver the IT strategy with guidance from the Group Finance Director and act as programme manager overseeing all IT projects on time and budget.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management and support of the company IT systems and infrastructure.
- Leads the required modifications to support the company infrastructure to ensure efficiency for all end users
- Ability to manage an international IT team, whilst developing the team to ensure all team members have a diverse skill set to meet the varied systems challenges the business may face
- Manage service delivery (service desk, telecoms, IT infrastructure, networks, servers, ERP, Office 365) ensuring high quality support, efficient use of IT and ensure minimum downtime.
- Lead and innovate IT change projects and improvement programmes across the group, which have been agreed in line with the Executive Team whilst working collaboratively to ensure stakeholder needs are understood and met
- Specifically relating to change projects or roll outs of new systems – implement trial periods and gain feedback from relevant departments (office based rather than field) to aid towards a successful implementation
- Leading ERP projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Process mapping, process improvement and re-engineering.
- Required to present IT progress and future roadmap at executive meetings when necessary.
- Ability to manage an international IT team, whilst being culturally sensitive to diverse backgrounds.
- Responsible to manage the IT budget.
- Take a proactive role to manage and avoid security related IT issues.
- Responsible for ensuring GDPR compliance for all IT systems, ensuring appropriate policies are in place to support this. Whilst additionally ensuring all required legal standards of compliance are met.
- IT based degree or equivalent industry standard certifications.
- ITIL Certification or equivalent
- Ideally would hold a Project Management Certification (foundation level) or the equivalent demonstrative experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly proficient with regard to managing multiple projects using project management methodologies and processes across an international setting
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships and influence their decision making.
- Technical ability to lead in proposing solutions, writing specifications and presenting those solutions. Including but not limited to ERP systems and processes, relational databases (preferably SQL), IT infrastructure, storage solutions, business continuity, etc.
- Understanding of CRM systems and processes in an international setting.
- A proven understanding of ERP terminology, processes and systems.
- Experience of managing VMware virtualisation technology
- Expert knowledge of SAN and ISCSI technology
- Knowledge of installing and managing large scale international IP based networks (LAN, SD-WAN)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues (QoS, VLAN, Routing) and Microsoft collaboration solutions (Office 365 suite)
- Ability to install and manage enterprise backup solutions and understanding back up strategies that follow best practice
- Knowledge of managing and maintaining helpdesk and service delivery systems.
- Experience of managing cloud based communication and collaboration solutions
- Full understanding of Microsoft windows server and core functionality (DNS, DHCP, DFS).
- Able to manage, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory.
- Able to configure and maintain High Availability and Disaster Recovery technologies at virtualisation and operating system layer.
- Understanding of licensing requirements.
- Knowledge of regulations that directly affect IT operations such as GDPR, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials+.
- Experience in budgeting, CAPEX, keeping track of correct maintenance software licenses and renewal.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to be able to work collaboratively across the IDS Group.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing ERP solutions.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing people
- At least 5 years’ experience in a technical role and ideally within a multi-site organisation.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment using an ERP system.
- 5 years’ experience installing and managing highly available virtualisation systems.
- Experience managing cloud based communication and collaboration solutions
- Department: Finance and IT
- Based: Boldon - UK
By making an application for us, you agree that the data provided in your application and any obtained in relation to it, including that from any interviews, selection centres or references, will be used by us to process your application and might also be used to help us with any future applications by you. If your application is successful, the data will be used to administer your personnel record.
We will treat your personal data as being confidential and will comply with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation in respect of it.
If you are already registered with us please click here to login.