HR Business Partner – Liege
To provide a customer focused and pragmatic HR service to managers and employees in line with organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements. Whilst supporting the delivery of the HR Business plan in order to meet objectives.
- Provide a dedicated HR advisory service, in relation to absence management, conduct, capability, grievance, organisational change, employment and employee relations matters.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with managers, employees, colleagues and establishing professional credibility
- Lead on the management of casework, relating to sickness absence. This includes making recommendations, giving advice and support to managers, liaising with occupational Health, case review meetings, and capability dismissal hearings.
- Responsible to ensure each employee receives a performance appraisal on an annual basis and continually maintain a performance management culture within site. This includes developing managers’ skills in this area
- Lead on investigations, disciplinary and grievance casework, ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed
- Responsible for the achievement of monthly HR KPI’s and ensuring action plans and achieved.
- Design and delivery training workshops in areas of HR best practice, to enhance knowledge and skills within the management and supervisor levels.
- Support the Group HR Director with change management programmes in order to ensure standardisation of HR practices.
- Ensure all administrative HR tasks i.e. appointments, terminations and variations of employment are completed accurate and timely
- Advise and support managers on recruitment and selection, including authorisation process, development of job descriptions, person specifications, selection processes and participating in interview panels when necessary.
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice.
- Maintain manual and computerised HR information systems, ensuring the accurate recording of information.
- Develop and maintain effective management/employee relations, which result in high morale and minimum of disputes
- Liaise with local universities and businesses to promote IDS
- Proactively manage the trade union relationship
- Responsible for co-ordination and implementation of the site induction programme for new starters
- Any other reasonable duties to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the appropriate statutory and company Health, Safety and Environment regulations and policies.
- With the management team work on the people engagement and put in place actions to improve the level of engagement on the site
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Qualifications
Degree or equivalent in HR
- Excellent, verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence people at all levels
- Ability to work through problems and find solutions using own initiative
- Organisational skills – able to juggle several tasks at the same time and prioritise effectively
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Able to establish credibility and rapport with line managers and Directors
- IT literate with a high competence in MS Office (especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook) spreadsheets
- Solid understanding of Employment law practices
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Understanding of best practice in HR
- Fast moving, forward thinking manufacturing environment.
- People development, coaching & training.
- Developing & using performance monitoring systems would be an advantage
|Job Role||HR Business Partner - Liege|
|Job Department||Human Resources|
|Job Region||Belgium - Liege|