Group Technical Support Manager
This position is responsible for providing Technical Management and Product Support to customers and other departments within the global operations of the Company.
- Develop, share and implement a long-term global technical support vision and strategy for the organization
- Responsible for the process, management and development of the global technical support function
- Develop and track technical support KPIs across the organisation ensuring they are aligned with customer satisfaction and if necessary, starts corrective action
- Provide management and leadership to the global technical support function in respect of achieving team and individual performance objectives while constantly monitoring results to achieve the overall company targets
- To continually improve the global technical support team and the suite of technical support tools and methodologies that they employ to enhance the level of support
- Create, review and modify technical support policies and procedures to reflect the business needs
- Able to decide quick on limited information by analysing the problem and determine resources to solve them
- Hands-on mentality – contributes to daily team tasks on occasion
- Provides and tracks regular training and helps coach and mentor team members to continually ensure the highest level of technical support delivery
- Recruit the right people at the right time -hire new staff, as needed
- Lead projects of extended-, cross-functional and cross-regional scope
- Independently prepare and conclude external and internal audits across the global technical support function
- Ensure effective communication for the staff to be aware of relevant issues within the function and the company as a whole
- Independently lead customer escalations to resolution by directing multiple internal and external stakeholders and follow up on customers satisfaction
- Build and maintain strong customer allegiance and relationships with key customers
- Foster connections within the global team and drives alignment through leadership
- Consistently develops, maintains, and leverages internal and external stakeholder relationships to advance the business
- Participates as an active member of the Services and Commercial organizations
- Proactively contribute to top- and bottom-level spend control, including operating expense
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred in life science discipline; Strong technical/scientific aptitude.
- MS or PhD strongly preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrates a high-level of business acumen, marketing knowledge and leadership skills
- Capable of working independently; self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrate clear and concise communications and capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts
- Able to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Able to adapt from one situation to another quickly, without major disruption
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Greet challenge and change as opportunity for development
- Show courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Stretch across borders, break silos and build effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- 5-10 years of proven track record in a similar discipline
- 2-5 years of leadership experience
- Experience in an industrial and commercial environment
- Marketplace/Scientific knowledge – knows Customers’ environment in Research, Clinical and Diagnostics settings across a wide range of scientific workflow (preferred)
- Successful candidate must be able to work onsite in Frankfurt.
- Specific Knowledge of IDS instrumentation and applications is derirable
- Technical Support and/or Customer-Facing experience a plus
- Extensive experience using personal computers and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluent in German and English. French is desirable
- Business sense, a good instinct where opportunities and financial rewards are.
- Bias for action – getting things done.
- Energy and Ambition (=passion) for the assigned task – is intrinsically motivated by the tasks he/she has been doing in life.
- Growth mindset (Carol Dweck) – looking for challenges, continuous improvement in the organization and for growing and developing his team
- Personal and professional integrity: communicating openly at all levels
- International Mindset: sensitivity to international cultural issues
Cultural Aspects – IDS Values
Passion for Customers – We are passionate in understanding our customer needs and dedicated to providing excellent solutions
Entrepreneurial – We consider the world around us as a set of opportunities, creating the chance to innovate and find solutions to generate customer and stakeholder value
Excellence – We strive for excellence in all we do, to deliver the best results in order to be best in class!
Respect – We show consideration for colleagues, customers and all business stakeholders, appreciating our diversity and respecting each other’s opinions
To apply, please email [email protected]
|Job Role||Group Technical Support Manager|
|Job Department||Technical and Field Service|
|Job Region||Frankfurt - Germany|