Business Development Manager – Nordics
The Business Development Manager Nordic is responsible for a profitable business in the assigned territory through direct sales, with key focus on ELISA sales and system placements whilst managing additional business partners (agents). This position focuses on continually sales growth through existing and new customers and supports the IDS awareness throughout the field.
Direct Sales in Denmark and Sweden:
- Generate sales revenues through manual (ELISA) assays, as well as system placements with automated automated assays: Achievement of targets defined and agreed at the beginning of each financial year for product revenues with a profitable margin.
- Sales growth: Acquisition of new customers and leads, market research, keep contact and up sell to existing customers and renew contracts when applicable.
- Quotation: Negotiation with customer, set up quotations and delivery agreements/contracts.
- Regular documentation and updating of sales activities, sales numbers and forecasting in respective working files (CRM system etc.).
- Maintain principle contacts with Accounts in the assigned territory, with co-operation suppliers and local co-operation companies when applicable.
- Provide regular and effective communication with Customer Care, Tech Support, Field Service and Marketing to maintain a successful sales process and increase customer satisfaction.
Managing Business Partners (agents) in Norway and Finland:
- Find and instruct the right agents who are ready to start the business within their existing network in the diagnostic market for ELISA and automated product ranges
- Ensure the agents are prepared to sell IDS products in a professional way (training, marketing material on hand, etc.)
- Manage proactively the agents: agree budgets and follow up the delivery. Set clear guidelines and negotiation framework.
- Develop sales concepts to ensure an optimal market uptake of our products in the territory.
- Continually undertake market knowledge, monitor competitors and market trends to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Representative tasks: identify and manage relevant events and congresses including booth equipment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Scientific University degree (M.Sc. in Biochemistry, Immunochemistry, Biology or equivalent)
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ready to work independently in the assigned territory
- Takes ownership for the territory and acts as a professional link between the customer and IDS to minimize cultural or language barriers
- A driving personality and self-starter with good management skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent product knowledge and technical understanding on immunodiagnostics in relevant fields e.g. endocrinology, bone markers
- Strong sales skills in negotiation and closing deals on all levels of DMU
- Danish and English fluent, good language skills in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish is a plus
- Good understanding of business processes
- Business sense and ambition
- Proven sales track record success with ELISA sales and Bone markers in the Nordic countries
- Understands the challenges and broader picture of the Nordic diagnostic market
- Experienced sales and communication skills on all different customer levels / DMU
|Job Role||Business Development Manager|
|Job Department||Sales and Customer Service|