- Traceable against the WHO 2nd International Standard for Human IgE 75/502
- Well correlated to the market leader
- Continuously growing panel
- Fully automated
An automated assay for the quantitative determination of Specific IgE in human serum on the IDS System. The results are to be used as an aid in the diagnosis and management of allergic disorders in conjunction with other clinical findings. The presence of allergen-specific IgE antibodies in serum is referred to as sensitisation and is an important risk factor for allergic reactions upon re-exposure to the allergen (1).
- M006 Alternaria alternata
Moulds are primary and opportunistic pathogens but also major allergenic sources. Fungal sensitisation is relevant in the development of allergic rhinitis and severity of asthma. Alternaria alternata is an airborne outdoor mould in the Northern hemisphere. Alt a 1 is a major allergen and helpful to identify primary sensitisation to Alternaria alternata (2).
- Hamilton RG. Allergic sensitization is a key risk factor for but not synonymous with allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Aug;134(2):360-1
- Kespohl S, Raulf M. Mould allergens: Where do we stand with molecular allergy diagnostics? Part 13 of the series Molecular Allergology. Allergo J Int 2014; 23: 120–5
- IDS Total IgE / Specific IgE Reagent Kit
- IDS Total IgE Control Set
- IDS Positive and Negative Specific IgE Controls