- Traceable against the WHO 2nd International Standard for Human IgE 75/502
- Well correlated to the market leader
- Continuously growing panel
- Fully automated
An automated assay for the quantitative determination of Specific IgE in human serum on the IDS System. The results are to be used as an aid in the diagnosis and management of allergic disorders in conjunction with other clinical findings. The presence of allergen-specific IgE antibodies in serum is referred to as sensitisation and is an important risk factor for allergic reactions upon re-exposure to the allergen (1).
- F013 Peanut – Arachis hypogaea
- F427 rAra h 9 – Arachis hypogaea
Peanuts belong to the Big-8 of allergenic foods inducing symptoms ranging from oral allergy syndrome, gastrointestinal problems to severe systemic reactions to anaphylaxis. Component testing is helpful in identifying primary and secondary allergy, conducting a risk assessment of the severity of symptoms and aids in dietary recommendations. Ara h 2 is a high-risk marker for systemic reactions to peanut and a marker for primary sensitisation to peanut (2).
- Hamilton RG. Allergic sensitization is a key risk factor for but not synonymous with allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Aug;134(2):360-1
- Matricardi PM, Kleine-Tebbe J, Hoffmann HJ, Valenta R, Hilger C, et al. EAACI Molecular Allergology User’s Guide. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2016 May;27 Suppl 23:1-250
- IDS Total IgE / Specific IgE Reagent Kit
- IDS Total IgE Control Set
- IDS Positive and Negative Specific IgE Controls