- Traceable against the WHO 2nd International Standard for Human IgE 75/502
- Well correlated to the market leader
- Continuously growing panel
- Fully automated
An automated assay for the quantitative determination of Specific IgE in human serum on the IDS System. The results are to be used as an aid in the diagnosis and management of allergic disorders in conjunction with other clinical findings. The presence of allergen-specific IgE antibodies in serum is referred to as sensitisation and is an important risk factor for allergic reactions upon re-exposure to the allergen (1).
Shellfish (Mussel) belong to the Big-8 of allergenic foods inducing urticaria, gastrointestinal symptoms, anaphylaxis as well as respiratory tract symptoms due to airborne allergens. 90% of food allergic patients suffer from shellfish sensitisation and shellfish are responsible for one of the highest rates of food-induced anaphylaxis with nearly 42% among affected adults and 12% in children (2).
- Hamilton RG. Allergic sensitization is a key risk factor for but not synonymous with allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Aug;134(2):360-1
- Matricardi PM, Kleine-Tebbe J, Hoffmann HJ, Valenta R, Hilger C, et al. EAACI Molecular Allergology User’s Guide. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2016 May;27 Suppl 23:1-250
- IDS Total IgE / Specific IgE Reagent Kit
- IDS Total IgE Control Set
- IDS Positive and Negative Specific IgE Controls