- Traceable against the WHO 2nd International Standard for Human IgE 75/502
- Well correlated to the market leader
- Continuously growing panel
- Fully automated
An automated assay for the quantitative determination of Specific IgE in human serum on the IDS System. The results are to be used as an aid in the diagnosis and management of allergic disorders in conjunction with other clinical findings. The presence of allergen-specific IgE antibodies in serum is referred to as sensitisation and is an important risk factor for allergic reactions upon re-exposure to the allergen (1).
Insect venom allergy can cause severe reactions and even anaphylaxis. Sensitisation to bee and wasp venom occurs after a sting. 9-28.7% of the adult population show asymptomatic sensitisation and about 0.3-7.5% react with systemic reactions (allergy) (2).
- Hamilton RG. Allergic sensitization is a key risk factor for but not synonymous with allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Aug;134(2):360-1
- Matricardi PM, Kleine-Tebbe J, Hoffmann HJ, Valenta R, Hilger C, et al. EAACI Molecular Allergology User’s Guide. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2016 May;27 Suppl 23:1-250
- IDS Total IgE / Specific IgE Reagent Kit
- IDS Total IgE Control Set
- IDS Positive and Negative Specific IgE Controls