- Traceable against the WHO 2nd International Standard for Human IgE 75/502
- Well correlated to the market leader
- Continuously growing panel
- Fully automated
An automated assay for the quantitative determination of Specific IgE in human serum on the IDS System. The results are to be used as an aid in the diagnosis and management of allergic disorders in conjunction with other clinical findings. The presence of allergen-specific IgE antibodies in serum is referred to as sensitisation and is an important risk factor for allergic reactions upon re-exposure to the allergen (1).
- F002 Cow`s Milk – Bos spp
- F076 Alpha-lactalbumin– Bos spp
- F078 Casein – Bos spp
Milk belongs to the Big-8 of allergenic foods and is one of the most frequent causes of food allergy in children with symptoms ranging from neurodermitis, urticaria, gastro-intestinal pain, asthma to anaphylaxis. Around 80% of the children outgrow their milk allergy by the age of 2-5. Beta-lactoglobulin is a thermolabile protein and an important marker to predict reactivity to products including raw milk. The milk components can be useful in identifying patients with a risk of severe allergic reactions and to aid in dietary recommendations (2).
- Hamilton RG. Allergic sensitization is a key risk factor for but not synonymous with allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Aug;134(2):360-1
- Matricardi PM, Kleine-Tebbe J, Hoffmann HJ, Valenta R, Hilger C, et al. EAACI Molecular Allergology User’s Guide. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2016 May;27 Suppl 23:1-250
- IDS Total IgE / Specific IgE Reagent Kit
- IDS Total IgE Control Set
- IDS Positive and Negative Specific IgE Controls