IDS-iSYS Insulin-like Growth Factor-I (IGF-I)
Disease Areas: Growth Factors
A fully automated assay for the measurement of IGF-I in human serum or plasma on the IDS-iSYS system. The assay is intended for in vitro diagnostic use in the diagnosis and management of growth-hormone related disorders.
- Exceptional lot to lot consistency – guarantees consistent and reproducible results required for long term therapy monitoring.
- Calibrated to new WHO IS (02/254) – conforms to the call for improved standardisation of IGF-I measurements from the Growth Hormone Research Society and the International IGF Research Society.
- Extensive global reference range – age and gender specific values provided in over 9000 samples.
- Low sample volume – suitable for paediatric samples.
- Excellent assay precision and accuracy – automated sample pre-treatment and IGF-II displacement method eliminates interference of binding proteins.
- The IDS-iSYS IGF-I assay represents a new generation of assay which is calibrated to the 1st WHO International Standard for Insulin-like Growth Factor-I, NIBSC code: 02/254. An extensive normative data study has been completed of over 9000 samples. The assay also conforms to the 2011 Consensus Statement on GH and IGF-I assays1.
Format Automated chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA)
Calibrators 1 each of 2 concentration levels, 1 mL
Controls 3 each of 3 concentration levels, 1 mL
Limit of Quantitation* 8.8 ng/mL
Dynamic Range 10 - 1200 ng/mL
Minimum Sample Volume 10 μL plus dead volume
Time to 1st Result 34 minutes
Sample Type Human serum (including serum collected in serum separator tubes)
Human plasma (collected in potassium EDTA, lithium heparin, sodium heparin)
Product information correct as of 11th April 2013